Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 focuses on assessment.  I was already familiar with authentic and performace assessment and to be honest, I approached this chapter as "another chapter on assessment, what new can I learn".  Well, I did learn.  I learned about assessing what a student says.  I had already been assessing what a study writes and I really like the sample rubric for assessing a student's skill in listening.  I am going to use this rubric in the near future and again with the honesty, I am going to try to assess my own listening skills, especially in how often I interrupt a speaker.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa- I am really glad that your learned about assessing what a student says. Doing this will definitely show you if a student understands what is going on in the lesson or if they are completely misunderstanding.

    ReplyDelete