Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chapter 5

This chapter talks about the six curriculum domains.  I like the way curriculum was divided this way.  Whenever I have thought about curriculum in the past, I was referring to domains 1 and 2, content and instruction and not including the othe four demains even though they are important.  As a core teacher I tend to focus my importance on my subject but I am also aware of the time my students will put in to my homework and the time they will put into clubs, activities and athletics.  Facilities are usually out of a teacher's control however, the pride we keep in the areas we are assigned can assist the students in feeling valued, organized, and appreciated.  I will now think about curriculm a little more broadly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that the chapter has helped you to broaden your ideas about curriculum. It is true that a lot of times teacher only focus on their specialty field and forget that the students have other subjects and activities that take time out of their days. By realizing this I feel that you as a teacher will be able to use your classroom time more effectively.

    ReplyDelete